BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

can't add beam

ItsVee
Participant

hello,

I am a newbie on using Archicad 25, I currently made a building structure. after I made the first two stories I change the elevation and height to the next floor, then i want to add beam on the third story and suddenly there's a bubble that said as a result of the last operation, elements have been created and/or have changed their position on currently unseen stories. how can I solve this? please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

ItsVee:

In the Beam Settings > Beam > Positioning, ensure that the Home Story is set to your current story.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

ItsVee:

In the Beam Settings > Beam > Positioning, ensure that the Home Story is set to your current story.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you had continued from that message, you will have placed a beam on one of your other stories. Or above your FPCP if the beam was set to Projected only.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!