Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

can't use added surface

heathldesign
Expert
on the bimcomponents site, there are no instructions for downloading surfaces. it says to "drag to archicad", but where? i can't drag it into a 3d window, i've tried to drag it to the library manager into embeded or linked libraries, but that doesn't work either.
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
4 REPLIES 4
heathldesign
Expert
ok, i just discovered that it can be dragged onto a 2d view, but there is a "serious error" when i do that.
heathldesign
Expert
so, even though i got that nasty message it appears that the surface did load to the library.
heathldesign
Expert
i found a surface on bimcomponents.com and downloaded it. i've added it to the embedded library as a gsm, but when i try to add as a new surface in the surface window, it doesn't show up in the embedded library as an option to add. what am i missing here?
Nader Belal
Mentor
First thing you should always do in those cases, is to reload all libraries in the "Library Manager".

Second, close the object that you're editing, repeat First step, then open up the object that you were working with.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.