BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

changing project zero..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been working with reference to the ground floor being my 0.000 level,
how do I now change my zero level to be equal to 87.4 so that all my elevation markers will be in reference to that?
I guess in other words, how do I get my project zero to show as 87.4?

I experimented with setting my 1st Reference Level to be -87.4 (in the preferences working units & levels box) then set my elevation markers to be set to the 1st reference level origin, it seems to work. but I'm not sure this is the best solution for this.
4 REPLIES 4
Project zero does not change, it's like the project origin. All the stories and reference levels are relative to it. You're doing the right thing.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Aussie John
Newcomer
You may need to change the floor level in the stories settings so you are not working relative to 0.00 all the time
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to change the floor level in the stories settings so you are not working relative to 0.00 all the time
I think this could be a good alternative, you do mean changing the Elevation of the ground floor to be my number? (87.4m)
if I understand it correctly this physically moves my entire model vertically 87.4 m up. (so it's the same as if I had chosen everything in my 3d window and elevated everything 87.4m)

the only trick I found is that I have to change the Height to Next number first to a large number so that it could allow me to change my ground floor Elevation to (87.4m) then I change the Height to Next to my proper number (ie 3.00 m)
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes , the elevation is the height of the storey. The trick isnt immediately obvious.
Caveat;any lines text and fills etc in section elevations views wont automatically move and any existing features will move too ( which you probably dont want.)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!