BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cinerender problem with siding color changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Using AC18, trying to get renders with cinerender, but having problems with the siding colors not showing properly. I can get the colors to show properly with the internal engine (and in 3d work environment), but when I switch to cinerender and render, it comes out almost black. Under the siding 'surface' I 'matched cinerender settings to internal', but still no luck. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

eric
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
image from internal engine, siding color as intended
Internal-2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check all channels of the material in cinerender. Check to see if there is something dark red in any channel of the material in cinerender and make the appropriate changes, but do it one by one so at the end you know what was affecting the material and you can learn how to fix it if happen again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply arqrivas,

I am not sure what you mean by 'channels'. It seems the material is altered by it's 'surface' from what I can tell. Under 'surfaces' (with Cinerender selected) I have gone through all of the available option and nothing seems askew. The colors selected look as they should. Nothing in 'dark red'. I have even tried changing colors and parameters, but ends up the same every time it renders. Under render settings I have loaded the preset 'fast daylight' to keep it simple, still no results???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, sorry, I didn't explain well.
Here it is the thing. Yes is the surface of the Material where the problem is, and the channels are in the surface. Those that I marked in red in the image are the channels of the surface.
Check the surface your using in that material and make the corresponding changes to the surface. Wherever you find something like dark red or brown or similar to whatever color the surface is after render, change it.
But as I told you before try it one by one so you can know where excatly is the problem and... (everything I wrote before)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not seeing anything in 'dark red' or 'brown' under the surface settings. The only items selected are 'color', 'diffusion', 'luminance', 'bump', and 'specular'. I have tried deselecting these with no change. I looked at each option under these and don't see anything that stands out as odd or dark red / brown. ???

I thought the 'match cinerender settings to internal' was supposed to take care of all the guesswork???
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is supposed to.
Can you tell me which surface are you using in that material,
so I can analyze it and see what's happening?
Learn and get certified!