Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

complex profile update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I have an issue regarding complex profiles. I draw one and use it. However, when I edit and therefore change it, it does not update. The elements already in use do not have the new attributes and I need to draw them all over again.
Does anybody have any idea how this can be solved?
Thank you,
I.G.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
igreere:

Did you click the "Store Profile" button in the Profile Manager dialog box after editing the profile?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
Thank you very much for the answer. I did add a signature to my profile, I hope I did it well.
As for the complex profile update, yes, I did hit 'Store profile' and did not work. Is there any difference between 'Override' and 'Store Profile'?
Thank you again.
I.G.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
igreere wrote:
I did add a signature to my profile, I hope I did it well.
Looks good. There are some differences in the Profile Manager between AC16 and AC17.

igreere wrote:
Is there any difference between 'Override' and 'Store Profile'?
Yes, see the Help files User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > Profile Manager Dialog Box. To save changes use "Store Profile".
igreere wrote:
As for the complex profile update, yes, I did hit 'Store profile' and did not work.
A few things to check:
1. That the Profile in the model has the same name as the one you are editing. If it is "custom", then it is hard to know what is what.
2. Make the Horizontal and Vertical Stretch Lines visible in the Profile Editor. A Profile cannot be smaller than these limits.
3. Rebuild the Section/Elevation/3D Window.
4. Select the Profile in the model, change it to a different Profile, then back to the one you are editing to make sure it has the correct assignment.
If none of this works, then post a detailed description of your procedure with some screen shots of the problem. This may help someone see the issue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14