BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

contour line crossing building outline

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I created a slopped terrain using mesh and polyline. Then designed a building on the slope. Some part of my building is below grade so I used SEO in order to extrude the dirt. After creating the building, the site plan drawing in my view map has the mesh polylines crossing onto the building. I want to know how to make the mesh polyline stop at the building outline on my site plan and first floor plan.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
The cheapandnasty solution: Mask the contours with a solid white fill.

The professional way: cut a hole in the mesh to match the building. Fill in under the building with a new flat-top mesh.

The complete way: reconfigure the mesh.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
The cheapandnasty solution: Mask the contours with a solid white fill.

The professional way: cut a hole in the mesh to match the building. Fill in under the building with a new flat-top mesh.

The complete way: reconfigure the mesh.
Thank you for the fast response. I think I managed to solve this by cutting a whole.
Dwight
Newcomer
To maintain the integrity of your model, just cutting a hole leaves a void under the structure. If you don't fill it with something, the building will fall all the way to China [or whatever is on the opposite side of the world from you]. It is a problem in section…

This is why I prefer the SEO method, giving your floor slab an opaque fill to hide the contour line.
Dwight Atkinson
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Dwight wrote:
If you don't fill it with something, the building will fall all the way to China
Or it will just simply fall through the whole Earth and out into deep dark space.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
Maybe to Middle Earth?
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bob wrote:
Maybe to Middle Earth?
And there the magnetic field should be equal along with zero gravity and hence lock it in stable middle earth forever and ever?
Talk about a room with a VIEW.
Learn and get certified!