BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

convert spline into arc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have 2D file consists of splines and I want to convert it into arcs (not short lines), so as to export it in a DWG file for a laser cutter.

Does anybody know sth??

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
evivas:

One way is to select the Arc/Circle Tool and then Magic Wand the Splines: ArchiCAD will trace the Splines with corresponding Arcs.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
cool!!

its really close to what I wanted..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello David and Evivas,

I too am trying to do the same thing (convert spline into arcs)... and i'm missing something. I've selected the whole spline shape. The only magic wand option i see is "outline polygon with magic wand" which doesn't seem to do anything. Also, there are magic wand settings which I could use some help with too.

Please advise,
Thank you,
Lisa
Dwight
Newcomer
Exported Archicad DWG files can create problems for laser cutting in my experience cutting artwork, graphics and text through sheet metal.

It seems to have something about the DWG export not totally joining lines…

The machine operator complains about the machine seeing small segments and the start/stop time. It gets expensive since the machine slows down.

My solution is to create fills with the magic wand, then convert the fill edges to DWG. This maintains continuity.

Of course, your experience may be better since my last time doing this was five years ago, but worth checking out.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey... got it! The space bar gives you the magic wand tool! Changed my spline into arcs perfectly.
Learn and get certified!