BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

copy windows vertically

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all ... when I copy a windows vertically ...to the next floor (new wall= not continuous wall form 0 to the top) sometime windows make an open to the new wall sometime not.
How can I solve that problem .
thank you in advance...
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
windows are linked to their own walls

if you drag a copy of a window above or below a wall they are still linked to the original wall and will therefore not cut a hole in the wall on the floor above
as it is attached or linked to the wall on the floor beneath

youd be best to magic wand the window and go up a storey and put it in the wall on the above storey in 2d plan view

(you can ghost the storey below to line it up in the same position as the one below)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
methy wrote:
youd be best to magic wand the window and go up a storey and put it in the wall on the above storey in 2d plan view
Rather than magic wand I think you mean option-click (eyedropper).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes sorry you are correct, got my terminology mixed up
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you .. but I think (eyedropper) not work easily because the main problem is this windows is in two wall in same time .. usually this window does not belong to normal room. e.g it's belong to stair hall or some thing like that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In a situation like this you could put the new window in the upper wall and use a slab as an SEO operator in the lower wall to create the hole. It's a workaround but it's quick and easy. Put the slab on a hidden layer (mine is "SEO Operators"). You have to remember to move the slab if the window moves but again it pretty simple.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought if walls were in exactly the same plane windows could be copied from one to the other. Are the walls in alignment?
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU ..
s2art . Yes that is true but some time work and some time it does not work

but I found the SOLUTION today

the walls in the two stories have to have same side reference lines .
Barry Kelly
nourqueen85 wrote:
but I found the SOLUTION today

the walls in the two stories have to have same side reference lines .
The walls don't even need to touch and they can even be different composites so long as the reference lines are in the same plane.
Also works for walls side by side.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!