Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

copying and pasting walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I drew a series of walls, all red, on the Ground floor.
I then copied and pasted them on the 1st floor. Everything in the Floor plan and section settings is red. They have red contours, but no red fill. What happened?
Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
How did you go to the 1st Floor? By going up a story or by activating a saved View?
My guess is that if you went by clicking a saved view, it may have changed the Model View Options or the Floor Plan Cut Plane setting.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply. In the mean time I discovered what the issue was - I copied and pasted the walls, but they were not high enough to be cut on the new level. So that's wy I could not see them entirely red, as their plan section was.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If they are standard vertical walls, then perhaps try setting them to symbolic cut and do away with the cut plane altogether?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I find that? I did not find it among the properties / floor plan and section settings.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Check the Floor Plan Display.

Cheers,
Link.
Symbolic Cut.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately it is not available for my red walls.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
igreere:

Change the parameter above it, Show on Stories to Home Story Only, and the Symbolic Cut option will appear. This will ignore the Floor Plan Cut Plane, so is the simplest solution if the Walls only appear on their home story and always will be shown as cut. The All Relevant Stories option is best used for multistory Walls, or when using the Floor Cut Plane for changing the Wall's appearance for different Views.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. That solves it.