Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

corrupt layer?

jbArch
Newcomer
I have a furniture layer that seems corrupt — I cannot select any of the items on this layer.

If I turn the layer on, then the objects become visible in 2D or the model. But then if I select an object on the layer, the layer is immediately locked, and in fact the object does not show as "selected" (the handles change to indicate a locked item, info box acts as if nothing is selected). If I navigate in the 3D model, the objects on this layer will disappear. In 2D the objects remain visible, but if I open the layer dialog the layer will be listed as locked and hidden.

I would love to just grab these items and change their layer, but this does not seem possible.

I have tried saving the file under a different name, but no luck. Any other suggestions on how to fix this bad file or bad layer?

This is happening in AC15 USA 3898 (mactel).

thanks!
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
jbArch,

If it happens to be open, try closing your complex Profile Manager palette. Then modify the objects on the Furniture layer. We have noticed that there is some odd behavior in AC15 as of the latest Hotfix but it is resolved in AC16 as of Hotfix #1 (3014) and we plan to release a new Hotfix for AC15 later this year which will remedy the behavior along with other fixes and improvements. If this does not help please let me know.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
jbArch
Newcomer
Nicholas,
Thanks for the reply. I have not been able to replicate this problem recently, but I bet I did have the profile manager open when I was experiencing the problem before.

cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD