BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

create soffit on gable end

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a curved stucco soffit. How do I get it to turn the corner and go up the gable end?
The attached picture is as far as I could get. I created a morph. With the tube command it goes around the eaves easily. The push/pull and tube functions will only extrude perpendicular to the face. I need it to extrude up the gable. I copied the face up the gable and connected all the nodes. All the faces create properly, except the curved face. How do I force the curved face to create? Is there a way to get that curve to stretch in the direction I need it to and create a surface? Is there a better way to do this?
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Draw the profile as 2D morph face, if you click the node of a 2D morph face (not already part of a 3D morph), you should be able to see the extrude command there. Just move the 2D morph to the start point of your path and complete the whole path in one go. I tried this with a quick mockup and it worked, but as said I got extra lines where there "should not" be any, due to the double change of direction going around the corner.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!