Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall scheme grid open empty area, space, hole, void

aryastark
Enthusiast

image_2021-09-02_212851.pngimage_2021-09-02_213021.png

valar morghulis, 

I want to close the top of the curtain wall with scheme grid shifting, but when it closed and reached to the right part, the area to be empty gets fill with the scheme. 

I want it to stay empty while the upper part meets. 

is it possible? 

thanks.

Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
5 REPLIES 5
ZuMedeiros
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

You can try to remove the panels and structure you want by entering the edit mode of the curtain wall. Will that solve?

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-X8x5lkKoE

thanks for advice. i already made like that but this is 10x slower and laborious. Archicad team should add the option that add blanking to curtain wall grid scheme.

ZuMedeiros
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi

You don't need to select one by one, you just need to select them all at once. It seemed really fast and easy for me. Using the diferent selection tool methods and suspending the quick selection tool might help you (space to temp. suspend quick selection + Selection Area).

Links:
https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/_AC24_Help/030_Interaction/030_Interaction-28.htm

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76334/

aryastark
Enthusiast

hi, yes of course i use selection methods and it is slow compared with only adding hole to scheme method. someone should propose wish to punch holes in the cw scheme.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The Curtain Wall tool was modernized in Ac22 and the way we do things also changed.

Now you can simply go to Edit Mode, draw Frames around the intended hole, and then delete all Frames and Panels within that defined polygon, which will effectively create a hole in the Curtain Wall.

Curtain Wall-CreateHole.png

Prior to Archicad 22, it was done differently, in a Section/Elevation Viewpoint you had to extract the Curtain Wall boundary to a fill, modify the fill, then regenerate the Curtain Wall's boundary based on the modified shape of the Fill (Fill with a hole in it).

These commands still exist in Archicad, you can add them to your menu in the Work Environment Dialog. The commands are:

• Subtract Fill from Boundary
  • Redefine Boundary from Fill
  • Add Fill to Boundary
  • Subtract Fill from Boundary

However, I found that I did not manage to make them work in Ac25. So the commands may still be there but no longer work on Curtain Walls created in the latest Ac versions.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27