Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curved and slanted wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to make a slanted wall and curved at the same time?
is it possible??... please help
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, you can try MaxonForm or Archiforma....It's hard to get the desired result though. At least, I've been having troubles...
Easy to make a Slanted and curved surface on Archiforma with accuracy because you draw it on section and plan but I've been having problems to give it thickness.
On MaxonForm it is easy to make an object which you place as a wall on your plan,slanted and curved but it's harder to draw it accurately...
All this occures if the section of the curved wall is uneven.
If this is not the case just use the profiler..or profile manager
PB
Advocate
Good question: I've tried the most obvious methods, including 'magic-wanding' an arc, but with no success.

Can anyone please help?
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
jespizua
Newcomer
Why not profile manager?
osx 10.14 | archicad 22 | cinema4d 18 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
gobel wrote:
I need to make a slanted wall and curved at the same time?
is it possible??... please help
It doesn't seem to be possible to do this as a true curve - but a series of straight walls could be used if this is acceptable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
True, curve=many straight lines, the more you put, the more curvy it looks, but this is not the way it should be done in AC. What if someone needs do draw a building of more than 100 floors which has curved and slanted walls? (I do actually). It's a nightmare. I still don't know how to do it. I have done it in maxonform, but all I get ,is a huge object for my whole building. I'd love to draw it in AC not just as a 2d. I hope to see an option for curved & slanted in AC 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
LukasB wrote:
True, curve=many straight lines, the more you put, the more curvy it looks, but this is not the way it should be done in AC.

You are absolutely right, it should be easier. I was merely offering a workaround.

It's not so long ago that we had slabs, walls and roofs with no curved edges. Then we could walk, now we can run, maybe tomorrow we will be able to fly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks guys for tour efforts
Anonymous
Not applicable
LukasB wrote:
What if someone needs do draw a building of more than 100 floors which has curved and slanted walls? (I do actually). It's a nightmare. I still don't know how to do it.
At least the cut story feature can help with this scenario. Only one really tall segmented, slanted, "curved" wall....
PB
Advocate
Just a thought: Can Cigraph's ArchiWall 2 provide an answer? Create a slanted curved wall from an initial vertical curved wall, then delete the original....... or some similar technique?

A question for Fabrizio on the Cigraph website/forum perhaps......

Good luck!
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14