Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

curved ramp w/ complex profile

Tom Krowka
Booster
How can I create a curved ramp with a complex profile. Curved ramp object dimension won't let me input dimensions I need. Won't accept a profile either. Tried creating one with the stair tool as described in the help menu but that didn't work either. Could not get the horizontal distance correct. Any help out there? Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Railing Tool?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is an example of a Railing comprised of a single Toprail placed so it follows the path marked by Morph edge segments.
On the right, you can see the Morph segments, on the left, the segments plus the Railings associatively placed at each segment Node.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes...did that after looking at AC help. The ramp had to curve vertically also. I was able to manipulate it to get what I needed but had to convert to a morph to be able to adjust the texture map appropriately. Thanks, Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
jl_lt
Ace
Hi. This video might also show some interesting methods

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A bit addition to my previous post:

I just realized that the Railing Reference Line can be a curve as well in the Floor Plan so it is possible to model this out of a single Railing segment. You can model the Railing in a horizontal plane, then you can just raise the endpoint of the Railing Reference Line to the desired height.

The Morph method is also feasible. However, I prefer the Railing method because its Top Rail can be parametrically modified to use a different Profile, while in the case of the Morph you would have to remodel it. Also, the Railing tool offers more flexibility and options for achieving the desired Floor Plan representation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tom Krowka
Booster
That's right. Converted to morph after manipulating to create what was necessary in order to change texture map to correct horizontal position (bricks). Otherwise the texture follows the curve vertically. Align texture 3D does not work on this element.
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
my GDL-Solution to that: - not a straight rising - instead with harmonic rising:

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/23828

just turn off the german sound..

To try direct in an AC24Edu-Aut - file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8o4pnx2nms08hh/Archicad23%20GDL%20Rampe%20mit%20harmonisch%20anpassendem%...?

And also releated to this topic: a straight ramp with harmonic rising-curve: https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/24250
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
jl_lt
Ace