Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dashed line type showing as solid in drawing on layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an issue where dashed lines are coming up as solid in the drawing on a layout. It rectifies itself when I go to source view, then go back to the layout, then update manually. The drawing is set on automatic update, and the view is a worksheet

This happens every time the file is opened and closed

Image 1 is what the drawing looks like when the file is opened. I click on the drawing, go to source view, it looks fine, go back to the layout, still shows as solid (even though drawing is on automatic update), i force update, then it shows a dashed

Must be a bug?
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Your dimension witness lines appear to be longer in image 1 than in the other image.
I am not sure why.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The dashed lines are not dimension witness lines but are manually drawn 2D lines with dashed line type, but they are coming up as solid in the drawing
Anonymous
Not applicable
That maybe the bug - that the witnes lines become elongated for some reason (and overlapping the dashed lines) until I go back to source view...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you give a few pieces of info:
1. Go to the Source View of the Drawing, select a Dimension, and show us the Settings Dialog, I am particularly interested in the "Dimension Type" and "Marker and Witness Line Options" panels. The best would be a screenshot.
2. What is the scale of the Source View?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the delay in response

scale of source view is 1:5

Screenshot attached