BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

door labels making symbols out of door properties

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I searched for this but couldnt find an answer.

If i use the Archicad door label tool for the fire rating and self shutting mechanism i have to select it for every door.

Is there a way to make a label that activates accordingly to a door property. In the Dutch archicad I am have the self shttuing as "Zelfsluitend"

IF property Zelfsluitend=1 THEN

rec2 bla bla bla bla

ENDIF

This doesnt work but how can i get the label to connect to the door property?

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have moved this topic to the GDL forum because this is more of a GDL question than a Construction Documentation question.

So, to achieve this, you need to have GDL knowledge. In the 2D Script of the Label, you need to use either of the following 2 GDL commands (Page 501 of the GDL Reference Guide) :
n = REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE", expr, name_or_index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, p_values)

or
n = REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE_WITH_DESCRIPTION", expr, name_or_index, type, flags, dim1, dim2, p_values_and_descriptions)

This command can return the value of that parameter of the Door you want into the Label. Then depending on the value returned, the 2D of the Label can be or not be generated.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!