BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

double sash window with a slightly curved top

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i am using ArchiCad 17 and i am trying to set a arch top window with a lower curve, so that it is not half round. It should be double sash window with a slightly curved top.
There is a three-centered arch top window, but it is with fixed glass. The historic windows also don't work for me, because it shouldn't be double glazing.
Please give me a clue where to find the double sash window with a slightly curved top. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
You can pretty well create any window you need with CadImage's D&W Bullder. Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, but that is another programm. Is there no way do achive it with the windows in the library? I mean it is a simple window with a lower curve at the top.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Well it is actually not another program but an add-on to ArchiCad (AC). While we may think and wish that AC should be able to do everything we would like it to right out of the box it doesn't and but neither does any other CAD program on the market.

I agree that AC should be able to create this type of window within the native library but as far as I know it doesn't. For myself I have found that the additional cost of having to pay for a few add-ons has made it a lot easier to create the windows and doors I need without the frustration of struggling to do them inside AC.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks man, I appreciate the help.
matjashka
Enthusiast
Well it is actually not another program but an add-on to ArchiCad (AC). While we may think and wish that AC should be able to do everything we would like it to right out of the box it doesn't and but neither does any other CAD program on the market.
Funny you should say that Gerald. I actually recall being able to curve the top of any window found in the inexpensive Chief Architect, which was above and beyond AC regarding intuitive use. It's been years now but I remember the big shock when I started in an ArchiCAD firm and learned that instead of having one window that could do everything, I had like 30 different ones, none having the settings to do exactly what I needed
Of course I understand your argument, Chief wouldn't do 1/8th of the things AC is capable of.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Learn and get certified!