Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

duplicate libraries error

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
i am facing a problem in duplicate libraries while shifting to AC10 from AC9 ...can anyone suggest me the correct method to load the libraries....without having duplicate lib error..
8 REPLIES 8
Srinivas
Booster
Can you just post a screen shot of the library manager.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
rakesh.shingre wrote:
hi
i am facing a problem in duplicate libraries while shifting to AC10 from AC9 ...can anyone suggest me the correct method to load the libraries....without having duplicate lib error..

File menu>library manager.

If both libraries contain parts with identical names and identical content (i.e. the same object) then ArchiCAD is generally fairly robust at dealing with these and will still function correctly.

There is not AFAIK any automated way to "filter" the duplicates and if you must load both libraries and really need to avoid duplicates then your option is to use the find/remove facility in your operating system (you didn't specify whether you're on Mac or PC)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to know what is going on in the attachment, with all the zeros. I think it may have something to do with archicad.dll - would that be right? What is that anyway?

Hunter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
the same type of library loading error (000000000) is coming if i directly open the AC9.pla file in AC10......is there is any problem due to archive file of AC9...
I have save the project in AC9 .pla extension due to some of custom textures and GDLs use in that project.....
Srinivas
Booster
hi
the same type of library loading error (000000000) is coming if i directly open the AC9.pla file in AC10......is there is any problem due to archive file of AC9...
I have save the project in AC9 .pla extension due to some of custom textures and GDLs use in that project.....

You need to extract the Pla file into a folder( when you open the pla in version 9/10 it will display a dialog box which gives you an option to extract the library used) and then add the Custom Texture and the custom GSM's to the Library Manager to avoid this problem.

Please see the Libary Manager screen shot is not posted, the screen shot posted is Library report which is of little use.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Open the "0000..." folder and it will list which library parts are duplicated and in which libraries they are being loaded from. Unload the library parts that have duplicate names or delete them from your archived archicad 9 library library.

As Phillip said, ArchiCAD is pretty good at handling duplicate library parts, as long as it uses the one you want to use. In most cases i will leave them how they are.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Srinivas wrote:
hi

You need to extract the Pla file into a folder( when you open the pla in version 9/10 it will display a dialog box which gives you an option to extract the library used) and then add the Custom Texture and the custom GSM's to the Library Manager to avoid this problem.

Please see the Libary Manager screen shot is not posted, the screen shot posted is Library report which is of little use.
The library loading report can be quite useful as it identifies precisely which parts are missing or duplicated (you have to expand the hierarchy to see them of course), but with so many (1360) it seems that you have entire duplicate libraries loading. For this check the library manager.

It is also possible that the PLA was saved with the "Include all parts of loaded libraries" option. This could easily produce such a large number of duplicates when loaded along with another complete library.
Djordje
Ace
... and that is why you should save anything project specific (parts, textures ... ) in the project specific library (really just a folder) and office specific in another, office library.

That way, you don't have to do PLAs ...

It is much easier to learn what is where and to adhere to the structure, than to just load everything and then suffer the consequences.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen