BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dwg import scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
Somehow when opening a dwg into new 14 file I'm no longer getting
the dialog box to adjust the scale which was showing up previously.
It just shows up at wrong scale, with no way to adjust scale.
I've closed the dwg, restarted AC twice and still no scale dialog at opening of
the dwg.
Don't know if I inadvertently turned something off.
lec
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
lec:

Not sure this is what you are referring to, but when using the Drawing Tool to place a dwg file, a small dialog box Drawing Unit appears to set the value of the dwg drawing unit, similar to the setting in the DXF-DWG Translation Setup.

David
Drawing_Unit_db.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David
Thanks for the reply.

First time I was opening a dwg set in meters.
What I was trying was:
Open AC, Browse for a Solo Project, Browse;
Select the dwg from folder and open it.
My translator was set to Special Built-in Translator, (1", which had been fine til now), so I was ignoring it. I made a meter version and now all is good.
BUT, seems to me I use to get the small dialog when opening a dwg that allowed me to change scale on the "fly", which I'm no longer getting.
That's the dialog that I thought, and still wonder, did I turn that option off somehow inadvertently and if so, how to get it back?
lec
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
lec:

Since you have the option of selecting a translator when opening a dwg file this way, the Drawing Unit dialog box would be redundant. You can try the command Enable All Informational Messages..., but I don't think this will bring this dialog box.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!