BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

easiest approach for greyscale print

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is probably an easy way to do this..... My layouts are done in one of the standard pen sets with a few modifications, 03 Architectural. Everything works fine when the plans are published and printed in color. (They are printed in A3 size at an outside copy shop). Now I would like to switch the prints from color to black and white (greyscale), and of course the prints don't look that good.

I started redoing the layouts in the greyscale pen set, but this isn't that easy to change back and forth. Also have experimented with creating new fills with different % fills.

What might be the easiest approach with min. mods to produce a nice bw set?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
in the print layout just check the black and white tab
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And if you are using Publisher, simply duplicate your publishing set and then alter this setting. Keep in mind that if all your layouts are in one folder, you only need to alter the setting of that folder and it will affect all the drawings contained within it. This will save you changing them all individually.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I tried that first. The problem with this is that some of the colors, eg. light blue, print as black so the resultant output doesn't look good.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There is usually a color/greyscale setting within the Properties of the actual printer you are using. Set it there for your new publisher set, but greyscale is greyscale - you'll get the same results as if you changed the drawing's settings. A light blue, when changed to greyscale looks bad, that's just a fact.

The next best way to handle colors AFAIK is by adjusting the drawings settings themselves. It's ugly but you could duplicate the whole layout and select all the drawings at once and change the drawing's setting to use Greyscale colors instead of Defined by Penset. But I'm sure you'll find you'll get the same result as the former method.

Greyscale is greyscale.

Cheers,
Link.
A pretty reliable way is to print a PDF set using grayscale. Then you can check the results and print from THAT
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much for the info, I wanted to make sure somehow I wasn't doing unnecessary work. Since my greyscale prints don't need to look great, only readable, I am going through my layouts and trying to come up with a common color scheme that looks good in color and is at least readable in greyscale and testing it with the greyscale setting on the printer. Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Greyscale is greyscale.

Cheers,
Link.
But, is Grayscale Greyscale?
This is a gra/ey area for me...
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum