Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

educational file will expire?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have started a project in educational version. However, I am wondering if after education period, can I still able to edit and save the file with commercial version?

Many thanks,
Kwok
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
kwoky1988 wrote:
I have started a project in educational version. However, I am wondering if after education period, can I still able to edit and save the file with commercial version?

Many thanks,
Kwok
More like, if I started a project in EDU ver. and I send it to someone who uses Commercial ver. is he gonna able to edit it and save?
Barry Kelly
Yes but the commercial version will revert to an educational license while the file is open.

The following is fro Archicadwiki.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchicadLicenseTypes
File Format and Compatibility EDU and commercial project files will have the same file format (.PLN), but EDU files have an irremovable logo at the top right corner. This logo will be present on all printouts. EDU project files can be opened with a commercial version of ArchiCAD, in which case ArchiCAD switches to EDU mode and the logo will be present. Commercial project files can be opened with an EDU version of ArchiCAD. In this case the logo is added, and cannot be removed later. Saving in the EDU version will prevent the file from opening in the Commercial mode. Besides 'Open', no other data exchange (copy, paste, merge, hotlink…) is allowed between EDU and commercial project files.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's great as long as when i pass my file to the next person, one could still edit and save, its fine. Thank you so much.