BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

elevation view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble understanding and getting my elevation views to work correctly. The original problem is that I would like outlines of the columns to show in the elevation view but I cannot get them to show up. In the elevation view I can select the column and have tried various settings under elevation selection settings model views.

Then here is one elevation where there is a partial outline of the one column (the one behind the door). There is another column here on the left between the two glass windows that doesn't show up. I've looked at the settings for both of these columns and they are identical so I can't figure out why the one shows up and the other one doesn't.

By the way, the walls are all drawn in segments that cleanly end at the column - so the external surface is made up of wall column wall without the wall going the entire distance.

Any help greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
macmiller wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding and getting my elevation views to work correctly. The original problem is that I would like outlines of the columns to show in the elevation view but I cannot get them to show up. In the elevation view I can select the column and have tried various settings under elevation selection settings model views.

Then here is one elevation where there is a partial outline of the one column (the one behind the door). There is another column here on the left between the two glass windows that doesn't show up. I've looked at the settings for both of these columns and they are identical so I can't figure out why the one shows up and the other one doesn't.

By the way, the walls are all drawn in segments that cleanly end at the column - so the external surface is made up of wall column wall without the wall going the entire distance.

Any help greatly appreciated!
TRy to set up diff.materials wall VS culumn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, if u want sent me your file on necko77@gmail.com and i will tell u
what is wrong !!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks... that was it. The one with the outline was a diff material, got it working now. Since I want them to be the same exterior color in the 3D model I created different materials with the same color so the elevation view will now show the outline.....
Learn and get certified!