BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

embedeed library HELP please urgent

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry guys I'm new in archicad' world. I did an object in Rhino I save it in Rhino version 5. Then in Archicad: library / import rhino 3dm as object, then I open embedeed library and there is the object but how do I put it in the drawing? drag don't works, if I click ok and then I click in the drawing I don't see anything. I tried to put a simple cube in an empty file and I can't anyway. if I take a object from the standard library I can use an insertion point, but here apparently there isn't, how should I do? I'm desperate it's very urgent. Thanks in advance for any tip!
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
You cannot drag from the embedded Library (File->Library Manager), that is for management. To place the Object go double click on the Object Tool (Chair icon) and there select the object by choosing it and then you can place it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your help, I managed.

Now I have a doubt about the fact that the file must be manageable because I must continue to model the building which is quite large approx. 1.200 square meters of plant.
I have to make a ventilated crawl space with igloo (small plastic domes for ventilation of the crawl space) and I think there are three ways:

- I can doing the single igloo in Rhino (already done from a similar one found in the web) and import it as single object in Archicad. Then I can moltiplicate it and cut it with booleans (don't sure that works in Ac) when i have half module.
OR
- i can doing parts of the solar in Rhino (already cut out) and import some objects made with 10-30 igloo elements.
OR
-maybe is necessary simplifying the elements and using domes and pieces of columns to synthetically represent the igloo.

Of course i need a usable file not too big and impossible to move.

Has anyone done similar things and can tell me what makes the file weigh less (or what is more manageable) maybe using hotlinks to keep two files detached? and also what is the maximum weight that the model should have?

Thank you very much for your help
Learn and get certified!