BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

error message on saving file

Peter Bennison
Contributor
Suddenly started getting error message "unable to save plan file" provoked by an automatic or manual "save" command after an hour or so working on a file, see capture attached. I can still "save as" to a new file, so I don't lose anything, but it's annoying and takes up space on the hard drive. Which I suspect is the problem, unless it's a new setting in the work environment save settings.

I have always unchecked the option "copy back-up" bpn, as I prefer to save new version of project when I start working on the file, can keep back-ups and control project development in that way.

The Mac in question (see profile) has 152 Mo available on a 500 Mo hard drive, surely that should be enough ? It has been for the las 3 years anyway. This particular file size has recently jumped from 20 Mo to 45 Mo, which seems excessive for a small house. I suspect extensive use of renovation filters, or maybe layout book of 30 or so plan sheets. But I notice same problem occurring on other smaller files.

Bon, don't seem to be able to attach the screen shot, it's only a 125 Ko .jpg

Regards, Peter
Archicad 21 FR MacBook 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7 16Mo RAM MacOS Sierra
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!