Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

extrude along a curve?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if it is possible to extrude different profiles, user defined along curves and lines? I am a Maya user, and I am fairly new to Archicad. I am looking to draw curves, then extrude say rectangles or circles along this curve. similar to the moulding function? Basically i want to model wireframe objects with either circular or rectangular profiles.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can using the Profiler tool which you have to load as an add-on through the add-on manager. It's located in Goodies in the ArchiCAD folder.
LiHigh
Newcomer
but,I don't think u can extrude along a curve. Hope that GS will put this in the future version.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Karl Ottenstein
LiHigh wrote:
but,I don't think u can extrude along a curve. Hope that GS will put this in the future version.
No problem extruding along curves. Earlier this year, I drew curvy outlines for parking lot islands, etc and extruded a curbing profile along it ... looked great.

Have fun,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
LiHigh wrote:
No problem extruding along curves. Earlier this year, I drew curvy outlines for parking lot islands, etc and extruded a curbing profile along it ... looked great.

Have fun,
Karl
... provided the curves are horizontal.

For more spatial freedom (spatial extrusion paths, profiles size and scale change etc) you have to look into modeling Add Ons. Three are available now:

GDL Toolbox (www.gdltoolbox.com)
ArchiForma (www.cigraph-store.com)
ZoomGDL (www.abvent.com)

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
LiHigh
Newcomer
Sorry, I seldom use the Profiler. Eventhough the profiler is able to create profile along a curve, It's not a true curve path.
In GDL, we are unable to use polyline in setting up the path for TUBE. I wish GS will improve on that.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT