Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

file open

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

how do I open multiple GDL objects? The file manager window that opens on "open object" does not let me select more than one file.. why? I dont have time to put all the objects I work with in 2D space, because I can open all of them there if they are selected.
Besides, in AC13 there are internal object, so with each object open I have to select "browse files" in the first window.. It really slows me down when I am editing 200 objects on finalizing a library..

thanks for advice

Peter
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Peter:

To open more than one object, place them in plan, select them, then use the Open Object... command, you will get a dialog box asking if you want to open the objects. I have a .pln file with all the objects in a library placed in plan, so selecting and opening a group of objects for editing is simple.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

In the Special menu there is a command
to place all the objects of all the active
libraries into the floor plan.

It is a very handy way to check the 2D / 3D behaviour
and errors at once too.

To activate the Special menu check this forum or
Archicad wiki.

Regards, Juha