BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

folding doors

peter spellman
Participant
I am looking for an object that can create a folding door as opposed to a
pocket door (commercial example is for a nanawall )

Is there one in AC11 that I am missing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
See this thread -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=111911&highlight=nanawall#111911

It points you in the direction of a French library part on Abvents site. I did download it, but it seemed to be partially broken and couldn't decipher it easily enough for it to be of use to me. You may have more luck!

I'm thinking I might try to code one myself one day if I'm bored. How difficult could it be?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
peter wrote:
(commercial example is for a nanawall )
Having just gone thru this with that brand on a commercial project my suggestions are:

1. Make darn sure you and the client want to use them. I put them, at the clients request, in for an 11'x 14' opening during design and when priced it was nearly $24,000 or over $1700 /lf. I later learned they on average they run 1300 to 1500/ lf. Storefront with a pair of 5 x 8 doors was about 1/4 that amount. Guess what the client really wanted?:wink:

2. If you are looking for the open, mostly glass, appearance your head height needs to be in the 7' to 8' range. In the example above they had to used 5 panels. So it ended up looking like a prison window.

All that being said we modeled it by doing an empty door opening with slab built door panels and not worrying about how it looked on plan.

Dave
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I am doing a house where we will probably use the Nanowall doors because of exposure but as said already they are expensive. CadImage's D&W Builder will make this kind of door up very nicely.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Learn and get certified!