BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

gdl story sensitivity BIG PROBLEM

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a serious problem with imported .3ds files into archicad. I read some topics about adding PROJECT2{3} command to the 2D script, although i'm ZERO in gld scripting, i managed to get the plan view cut lines of the objects but i still could not add the cut fill properties and the uncut lines properties.
i really need some prof help here.
for the record the 2d script is like

2d script (in the beginning)

dummyvar = GLOB_CSTORY_ELEV
project2 3,270,2
! ==============================================================================
n= REQUEST ("Story", "", currentindex, currentstory_name)
pos=GLOB_ELEVATION
! ==============================================================================

and the 3d script is like:

3d script (in the beginning)

if GLOB_CONTEXT = 2 then
add 0,0,GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO[1] + GLOB_CSTORY_ELEV - GLOB_HSTORY_ELEV
cutplane
del 1
endif

IF AC3D_SHOW3D THEN

(IN THE END)

IF GLOB_CONTEXT=2 THEN
CUTEND
ENDIF
END
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
3ds files are 'faces only' so they are not solids and don't give fills. You might want to check out the Object Slicer
Anonymous
Not applicable
well then how do i get section fills and cut line properties when i export a scene from cinema 4d. i tried with a scene which was modeled in 3d max and the i saved it as 3ds file and imported it to cinema 4d and the send to archicad and i got all the section fill and cut line properties and so on.
this work flow is awful and some times cinema 4d is making some errors when i send the scene to archicad thats why i want to learn how to make the 3ds file story sensitive in archicad directly.
and by the way i know the object slicer but i have not tried it yet. if its really like in the demo on the master script site then its a great tool.
And by the way i still want to learn how to control the section fill through a script.
Learn and get certified!