Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

grid line and display order

Polar Bear
Booster

Hello,

I really feel stupid.  I am not understanding this display order...

See the attached image.  Why the grid line can't come above the roof surface? is it not obvious that anno stuff should come above drawing stuff...

Several times i issued drawing to site and realised the display order affected visibility of some anno items...    Just can't understand the use of that fonction but obviously need to understand, at least, how to use it 😕

thanks a lot for your help.  And are there ways to simply remove that feature (some other bim software don't have it and it works very simple )

Thanks!!!

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Are you sure your roof has not already been set to the top most level in display order?

If it is at the top then the grid can not go higher.

Edit : Actually I just checked and if roof is at top level, the grid will still show over the roof if it too is at top level.

When I place a grid and then a roof with a cover fill, the grid is automatically above the roof.

Maybe select the grid and the roof and reset their default display order.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

Grid Lines, like many other AC elements, are subject to the display order in each view.

you'll have to bring it to the top of the order if you want it above the rest.

GerryLeonor_0-1645596922266.png

i too would like it if there was a better UI for the display order, but it's pretty much WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Polar Bear
Booster

It does not work.  I bring to front and yet the grid line remains behind the roof. 

Frankly, to use soft words, i find this fonction archaic!

Archicad 25 - 5010

ok -- a few questions then:

• if this is a Teamwork file, have you reserved the grids?
  • as these are grids, have you made sure that the associated layer is unlocked?
  • they might also be Locked by Element, because they're grids. if you select the grids & go to Edit > Locking > Unlock Selected Elements, will it work?
  • what happens if you do push the roofs/walls/slabs at least 1 level down the display order? will the grids finally show up?
AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Polar Bear
Booster
  • if this is a Teamwork file, have you reserved the grids? no
  • as these are grids, have you made sure that the associated layer is unlocked? yes
  • they might also be Locked by Element, because they're grids. if you select the grids & go to Edit > Locking > Unlock Selected Elements, will it work? no
  • what happens if you do push the roofs/walls/slabs at least 1 level down the display order? will the grids finally show up? yes, that's what i did.  But then, why bring the roof down works, while bringing the line up didn't???  that's what i mean by archaic.  We would expect fart more at this time and age from a bim software 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Archicad 25 - 5010
Solution

Are you sure your roof has not already been set to the top most level in display order?

If it is at the top then the grid can not go higher.

Edit : Actually I just checked and if roof is at top level, the grid will still show over the roof if it too is at top level.

When I place a grid and then a roof with a cover fill, the grid is automatically above the roof.

Maybe select the grid and the roof and reset their default display order.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Polar Bear
Booster

Thanks a lot...

I have to get used again to these multiple overlapping settings  😕

Thanks again for your precious help

Archicad 25 - 5010