BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

.gsm pen number error

Anonymous
Not applicable
I made lots of custom window sashes.
And with a few of them I am getting error messages when in 3D

"Pen number is less than 1 or greater than 255
at line 10642 in the 3D script of file 2-4x5.gsm."

How can I get to that specific line in teh 3D script to fix it?
I know how to get to the 3D script, but then not how to get to a certain line to find this error and see what the pen is.
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you use the 'check script' button it will take you to whatever errors there are. It's not as handy as finding that excact line, but will eventually get you there (if there are more errors).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
sinceV6
Advocate
In the 3D script window use CTRL-L (windows standard shortcut, is it CMD-L in mac?; or with the script open, use EDIT->Go to line...) and type the line number from the error (10642 in your case).

You could also show the "Edit GDL library parts" toolbar, it has some more options to work with scripts.

Hope that helps.

Best regards
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
sinceV6 wrote:
is it CMD-L in mac?
Yes, and will show you the current line location of the cursor.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Beware,
the line in the message is the first place where the code fails, it doesn't mean that the error is in that particular line.
Erich
Contributor
Also be sure to check your parameter table values. Everything in your script can be fine but if you give an incorrect parameter value in your parameter table, it can cause this error. This is easy to do if you create a pen parameter with a value of 0.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!