Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

have two angles with objective tool or roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I just wanted to know if there is anyway that I can angle the objective tool or the roof profile so that it inclines not only longitude but also has an angle latitude.. becuase as you can see with my images.. the pots gradually increase so i need a roof like material that can be at an angle sideways and frontal.

Thank you
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Two more elevations, this being first
Picture 6.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Last one
Picture 7.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll consider applying a mesh to cover the key points.

A mesh can be converted to roof segments by downloading a 'Goodie' called "Mesh to Roof" See the Help menu for a link to the website for downloading.
Dwight Atkinson
Erika Epstein
Booster
Or if the slope, see screen shot is a steady angle you can adjust the pivot line of the roof.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Or if the slope, see screen shot is a steady angle you can adjust the pivot line of the roof.
I believe the roof contains several lines that are not coplanar ... so in this case, I would go with Dwight's method (or maybe trying to achieve it directly with several segments of roofs).

Adrian Tudoreanu
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Jamie_K wrote:
I just wanted to know if there is anyway that I can angle the objective tool or the roof profile so that it inclines not only longitude but also has an angle latitude
I don't have the specific cross-sections through your building to check this against, but this should be easy to tackle with OBJECTiVE. Also, when you say roof profile, do you mean the profile of the roof structure or the cladding applied to it? I've drawn an example with OBJECTiVE with a custom profile bent through the approximate shape of your roof. The object has a vertical offset for the overall rise, is bent to the curve of the perimeter walls, is twisted along its length to echo the changing pitch along the length, and the top spine is also bent to bring the tangent to the curve level at the roof apex. The whole object is then split down the middle and mirrored (see attached plan, elevations, and 3D). I can give you specific parameters if you need more detail.
Curved roof.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Jamie_K wrote:
I just wanted to know if there is anyway that I can angle the objective tool or the roof profile so that it inclines not only longitude but also has an angle latitude
I don't have the specific cross-sections through your building to check this against, but this should be easy to tackle with OBJECTiVE. Also, when you say roof profile, do you mean the profile of the roof structure or the cladding applied to it? I've drawn an example with OBJECTiVE with a custom profile bent through the approximate shape of your roof. The object has a vertical offset for the overall rise, is bent to the curve of the perimeter walls, is twisted along its length to echo the changing pitch along the length, and the top spine is also bent to bring the tangent to the curve level at the roof apex. The whole object is then split down the middle and mirrored (see attached plan, elevations, and 3D). I can give you specific parameters if you need more detail.
Wow that looks exactly like what I'm looking for. If you could please give me the parameters and just an easy instructions I would greatly appreciate it.

Because I've been playing around with the OBJECTIVE tool the whole day yesterday.. I just want it to go on top nicely over the steel posts. I would even attach the archicad file once I have access to it as I'm at work.

Though thank you would greatly appreciate how you did that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't seem to upload the .zip file, though would greatly appreciate the parameters, like I'm trying to do what you stated, though it's no where close to as what your image has shown.

I just need those parameters and which parameters need to be changed in-order for me to have it on the posts.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Jamie_K wrote:
Though thank you would greatly appreciate how you did that.
I'm trying to reply, but the forum engine seems to have gone mad and won't take any images - I'll try again tomorrow.
Ralph Wessel BArch