BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

help!!! how do i construct multiple floor plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, there is a question regrading the floor plan construction.
i'm doing a school project consisted of four floors, and my question is,
let say i have my ground floor plan, but i want to show the plumbing, electrial, ventilation, mechanical and grid system for my ground floor plan, but if i put them all in one plan the plan will be difficult to read, so i decide to do 5 ground floor plan showing each of the systems above. so how can i print them in indivial page and showing the correct layout id so my page index will have them too?

thank you for your time.
14 REPLIES 14
Thomas Holm
Booster
Basic training would help!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
I've deleted your duplicate thread and moved this to the Student Forum.

None of these forums are intended for users who have not at least worked through the basic tutorials. If you are still confused after going through the basic training files, ask again.

Karl / Moderator
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
That means you deleted my admittedly grumpy but moderate and seriously considered answer too
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for ur help
maybe i didnt ask my question correctly, in the tutorial, there are only 1 plan for the ground floor and 1 plan for the gellery space
but my question is, what if i want to have 5 ground floor plan showing different elements. do i just duplicate 5 copies and draw them on one sheet?
Karl Ottenstein
Thomas wrote:
Karl wrote:
That means you deleted my admittedly grumpy but moderate and seriously considered answer too
Your only other comment was "this is a duplicate message'. 😉

Cheers,
Karl the axman
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
penicillin wrote:
thank you for ur help
maybe i didnt ask my question correctly, in the tutorial, there are only 1 plan for the ground floor and 1 plan for the gellery space
but my question is, what if i want to have 5 ground floor plan showing different elements. do i just duplicate 5 copies and draw them on one sheet?
You're confusing viewpoints (a story) with views (a plan or many plans obtained from a story viewpoint). Much more basic learning to do via the tutorials and help files.

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
penicillin wrote:
thank you for ur help
It's all about Layer Combinations.

Put each of the types of element on a different layer e.g. all electrical stuff on the electrical layer, all plumbing stuff on the plumbing layer.

Now create a different layer combinations with only the bits you want to see turned on for each type of plan you want. E.g. an electrical plan layer combination would need the electrical layer turned on, the walls turned on and obviously the landscaping layer turned off. etc etc.

Create as many views of the plans as needed and assign each one a different layer combination.

This is a fundamental concept to producing drawings in ArchiCAD. Create a view from a viewpoint (a plan, elev etc) and assign a layer combination, a scale, a pen set, model view options, and cut plane settings to it to get it to appear how you want.

This thread has a pdf at the bottom which may be helpful to you -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=22071
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
...Karl the axman
Thomas Holm
Booster
Moderator,
the weird message before this is a spam ad. Please remove!
That's history now. I think... or am I... really???
Learn and get certified!