BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

hotlink - ability to turn link off

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I remove hotlink cached data from project but preserve the link/Disable hotlink as option.
So I can use hotlink when I need it in project.
It affects project storage size and memmory usage.
(Hotlink sets)
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think this is possible to do. If a Hotlink is placed, it will be loaded into the Project.
I guess you would like a function similar to what we have with the "Unload" button in the XREF Manager Dialog.

I was thinking about this but I am not sure this would be a good idea in case of Hotlinked Modules, there are just too many things that could go wrong if there was such a feature. Just think about it: hotlinked module loaded, its content is labelled, dimensioned (both associative), then you (or a not-so knowledgable user) unload the Hotlinked Module. All those labels and dimensions are lost and must be redone.

In any case, if you think this is important, please create a Wish and post its link in this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. not posible to isolate hotlink attributes from main file when linking one model with another
2. chached data editable before HL embeded
3. not posible to save link to HL module when HL broken/deleted
4. no posible to have project tree
5. data lost when HL broken/deleted
6. project file size increased
7. Load/Open time of project file increased when open/editing/saving
8. Errors from attributes "intersections"
Learn and get certified!