BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

hotlinking single storey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Being new here, one simple question.
I have a multistorey building, want to connect it to a pln as a hotlink or module to have a preview. I don't know how to do it one storey at a time.
any advice?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure about that hotlink is the right way to go? Could you be more specific about what you are trying to do and what you want of this?

Maybe there are easier way to have previews?

For example, when I read your text, I get the feelings that you want to see one floor at a time excluding the rest of the building in 3d?
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a very old project with lots of information, but lots of rubbish as well. Now we've decided to create a new building, basing on the structure of the old one. To make my work easier I would like to have a kind of trace while drawing each storey.
Another thing is that the previous version was made in ACAD9, and since then we've skipped to ACAD11 and have different attributes, composites and so on. Therefore copy/paste no longer works out.
This project is large enough to be worth trying anyway.
if there's a better way then hotlink, please tell me so
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would use "Place external drawing".

There you could place whatever you want on your current view and even place it in a "ref-layer" or something like that.
Then you see all things you need and it's only a flat 2d view that isn't intersect with your new model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is one good solution.
However external drawings go straight to layout space. I was hoping for something you can look at and draw eg walls at the same time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, it places the imported view on layouts, but okej. Place it on a layout, then cut it from layout, go to your view and then paste it there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
made my day!
thanks
Learn and get certified!