Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to save archicad 13 to archicad 11,10

Anonymous
Not applicable
how to save archicad 13 as archicad 11 or 10 ?? because i can not see except save as archicad 12
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
See this wiki article which lists what every version of ArchiCAD can read and write:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%20versions

As you can see, you can only go backwards one step at a time. So, if you really have to go from 13 back to 10, you will need copies of 12 and 11 and will have to save 13 --> 12 --> 11 --> 10.

Do note that your library parts cannot (in general) move backwards, so a 13 project that you try to save back as version 10 will require a lot of work. You'll get the basic tool elements, but probably not any objects (windows/doors/etc)... unless you modeled the project with the AC 10 library all along for whatever reason.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
is that mean we should buy every version of archicad and there is no other programme can convert it or plugins can do this functionalities?
Eduardo Rolon
You do not have to buy every version the dongle will work with any previous versions.

What I would do is open the AC13 file and substitute its library with the one I want to save down to, verify and repair then start the saving process.

This is about the third question on this topic. If I may ask why do you need to save down to a five year old version of AC?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator