Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

how to select elements from toolbox/design

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, in the tutorial, beams and roof can be selected from the toolbox. But I cannot do that (AC 23)
Please advice how to make it
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Select (activate) the tool and then press CTRL+A.
That will select all of that tools elements in the view.

You can place a marquee around an area and then activate tool and press CTRL+A, and that will select all of that tools elements but only inside the marquee.

If you have the tool active and hold SHIFT while you select, you can manually add elements to your selection.
If to elements occupy the same space or nodes or edges, it will select the element that matches the tool you have active first.
You can still add other elements by SHIFT click, but you need to select away from the overlapping elements (or activate a different tool to suit what you are after).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
Select (activate) the tool and then press CTRL+A.
That will select all of that tools elements in the view.

You can place a marquee around an area and then activate tool and press CTRL+A, and that will select all of that tools elements but only inside the marquee.

If you have the tool active and hold SHIFT while you select, you can manually add elements to your selection.
If to elements occupy the same space or nodes or edges, it will select the element that matches the tool you have active first.
You can still add other elements by SHIFT click, but you need to select away from the overlapping elements (or activate a different tool to suit what you are after).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
great, thanks Barry.