BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to trim curtain wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,

i need to cut a curtain wall beneath the slab. I'm new in this so i need easy trim. So far i can't trim it and i tried SEO and TRIM...Pleas help:)

Untitled.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
davld:

Using SEO, selecting the Curtain Wall as Target, Slab as Operator, and Subtraction with downward extrusion for the Operation should work. If not, post some images of the process you are using.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, as i said before, i was using SOE with exacly same properties as you said and it won't trim but only make invisible part of curtain wall as you see in pic 1,2 and the parts of curtain wall are connected..why?? tnx David.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
david:

The perspective is a bit unclear (a section would show the horizontal relationships between elements better), but it looks like the lower part of the Curtain Wall is beyond the perimeter of the Slab. SEO will only cut the Curtain Wall that is vertically below the Slab, it is not an infinite cut plane. If this is the case, you need to add another Slab that covers the Curtain Wall for the SEO operator element, this Slab can then be placed on a hidden layer (if you delete the Slab, the SEO will be removed). If this is not the case, try posting other images that more clearly show the relationships between elements.

The lines running through the cut part might be there because you are showing the Scheme when editing the Curtain Wall.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also trim curtain walls to roof. I prefer this to SEO in this situation. But one suggestion is drag a copy of the uncut wall over to the side and leave it there until you know 100% you won't be using it and then delete it. Can save you a lot of effort later on if you need the curtain wall uncut.
Learn and get certified!