Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to turn off/on opening lines for windows and doors?

Anonymous
Not applicable
can please someone tell me where can i do this? because i dont want that lines are visable in 3D document.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
princ,

Document>Set Model View>Model View Options
Under the Options for GDL Objects header you can uncheck the boxes to show the opening lines.
This method is global and will remove all door or window opening lines.

If you have ArchiCAD 14 you can turn the opening lines off for individual doors/windows in the object's settings.

Here is a link to a previous post on this topic: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=33869
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center

What if I need to turn off the opening line from one of the door leaf? 

@INTEXHOMES wrote:

What if I need to turn off the opening line from one of the door leaf? 

Disable the opening lines in the door settings as shown here.  Note that this permanently eliminates the opening lines in all views:

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 3.21.14 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

If I have a double garden door. I need to show that one side opens and another side is not. If I disable opening lines, it disables it for both leaves. I need to keep it for one leaf and disable it for the other leaf.  

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.28.10.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.27.49.png

Unless there is an option in the object to make one of the leafs fixed (I doubt there will be - the idea of a double door object is that it will have 2 opening doors), you will have to resort to white lines to cover the door swing lines.

Or turn them all off and draw in the ones you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11