Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

how to use 3D Models in 3d perspectives & plan view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello I have accessed some 3d models from the http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Category/0,1564,a10-c410,00.html website. I have dragged & dropped a 3d model into a drawing, I was playing & trying to work out how to get the dragged 3d model into the 3d screen as it wont drag into the 3d screen??

I would also like to know when I download the drawing zip file, itgives me a plan view of the chair/item which can be used in floorplan, but I dont know how to get it into my floorplan & set scale correcty etc???

If anyone has used 3d models before & can tell me as much as possible about what you know with how to utilise them & what things can be done as far as editing their materials for perspective colours & textures, that would be awesome.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and responding, You are my guardian angel/s !!!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
How did you "drag and drop" the model into archiCAD? editing third party models can get a bit tricky if they're not formatted for use in archicad - you may be able to change textures and materials, but you may not be able to use more than one material for the entire object.

also you shouldn't be trying to drag the object into the 3d window - it should just appear in the 3D window - try placing a camera in front of the object, select the camera and then go to 3D. try using the AC11 local library before jumping into 3rd party objects...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Mark, I Had that Herman millar website open, hovered my mouse over the 3d model & dragged it on the screen onto floor plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
um... ok, not sure that would actually work???

try downloading the file first and then adding into your library BEFORE attempting to paste it into your floor plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would probably be easiest to use the 3d studio import add on.

Download it from the graphisoft website. (go to 'Help' then 'AC 11 goodies' from inside ArchiCAD.)

After you have installed it you can import 3DS files by going to the 'Design' menu then 'Design extras' then 'import 3dstudio file'.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yayyyy my guardian angel Mark is back!!! So once Ive added it as a library part are you saying to then insert in from the library into dwg?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanksfor that Peter as well, I will also try that. Have an AWESOME day/night!!!