Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

import old preferences/settings from EDU to AC15

Anonymous
Not applicable
What would be the best way to import settings, preferences, and such into a new version of AC15 - coming out of an AC14 EDU version? I know any projects won't make it over, but I just want to utilize the same set ups I had before - don't want to have to re-invent the wheel if I don't have too. I've managed to bring most of my keyboard short cuts, but I'm hoping there's a few files/settings and can bring over to make things easier.

Will I be able to bring over/import all the composite materials I created in the EDU, or do I need to sit down and create them again, one by one.

Thanks in advance for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Settings from AC14 to AC15..... using menu Options > Work Environment you can save your personal settigs; then Export it and Import into AC15. But wit this you loose all NEW functions in AC15

2. Composite materials from AC14 to AC15......using menu Options > Element Attributes > Attributes Manager you can Export your settings (Layers, Layer Combinations, Pen Sets, Pen & Colors , Line Types, Fill Types, Composite Structures, Profiles, Materials, Zone Categories...) and then Import into AC15.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

I have another problem. I have composite structures with assigned fills (the idea of real materials which have a physical attributes - it sets up in fills).

when I import the composites AND the fills as one step from *.aat file, it doesnt match. It seems to me that the composite structure read the ID of its fill ( as a "FILL ID" ), but the fills are numbered one by one after the last in the new project file. So - its imported but with the wrong ID and then the composite structure does not find it and puts there another fill ( or fill with ID 1 )

Thanks

Peter
Anonymous
Not applicable
santi wrote:
Hi folks,

I have another problem. I have composite structures with assigned fills (the idea of real materials which have a physical attributes - it sets up in fills).

when I import the composites AND the fills as one step from *.aat file, it doesnt match. It seems to me that the composite structure read the ID of its fill ( as a "FILL ID" ), but the fills are numbered one by one after the last in the new project file. So - its imported but with the wrong ID and then the composite structure does not find it and puts there another fill ( or fill with ID 1 )

Thanks

Peter
You can "Overwrite" rather than "Append" to keep the index numbers consistent. But do this with care. It can create problems if it overwrites attributes that are in use in the receiving file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
well I didnt think of that one, thanks 🙂