BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

importing DWG to window-based AC 20...

Llian
Advocate
I have no trouble opening and importing DWG file to my MAC-based AC 20 for years.
Now, I have to use WINDOW 10 Pro and just downloaded the Window-based AC 20 and having trouble opening and importing DWG file.
Is there something I need to know about importing DWG file for WINDOW-based AC20?

Thanks in advance...
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
3 REPLIES 3
Hello Llian,

There are no difference between W10 and macOS DWG/DXF translators but you should get your original DWG/DXF translators and put them into your W10 device to get the same parameters :
https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/_AC24_Help/130_UserInterfaceDialogBoxes/130_UserInterfaceDialo...

Have a great day !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Christophe.

How can I "transfer" original DWG translator from Mac to Window base AC 20?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Barry Kelly
Llian wrote:
Thanks Christophe.

How can I "transfer" original DWG translator from Mac to Window base AC 20?

ON the MAC, in the translator setup dialogue, when you select a translator, you will see the path where is is saved.
You should be able to then copy these XML files to the Windows machine.

I am not sure that just placing them in the correct folder (where the other translators are) will load them.
But to be sure, you just 'Browse' on the Windows machine (in the translator setup dialogue), and find the XML files to import them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!