BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

importing keyboard shortcuts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to import my ArchiCAD v8 keyboard shortcuts into ArchiCAD v9? I can not find my old (v8) keyboard shortcuts. Where would they be located?

BTW As a test of the Import feature I created a new Shortcut Scheme (using v9). Each time I try to import the new Shortcut Scheme ArchiCAD 9 crashes.
Thank you,
John

ArchiCAD 9
Dell Dimension XPS, WinXP Home, SP1
Intel 3.4Ghz P4 w/ 800Mhz FSB
2GB DDR SDRAM@400Mhz
SATA 74GB, 10,000RPM Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB DDR RAM
2) Princeton VL1916 Flat Panel monitors
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
johncassel wrote:
Is there a way to import my ArchiCAD v8 keyboard shortcuts into ArchiCAD v9? I can not find my old (v8) keyboard shortcuts. Where would they be located?
Can't be done. Even if you found the file, it is not readable text.
BTW As a test of the Import feature I created a new Shortcut Scheme (using v9). Each time I try to import the new Shortcut Scheme ArchiCAD 9 crashes.
Strange. I export/import my settings all the time (updating other machines). I usually keep them on a thumb drive, so I can easily load them elsewhere.

I wonder if it has something to do with the name you chose...? Perhaps a job for tech support.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!