BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

inside fence selection + beam tool comments

Rakela Raul
Participant
the 'inside fence selection' selects a 'group of elements' outside the fence but 'overlapg' the fence?, seems that the group should be considered 1 pack and shouldnt be selected cuz not inside...
the 'beam tool' doesnt have the fill option and i wd like to use it (sometimes in lieu of the missing footing tool)
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a question being asked here?
Rakela Raul
Participant
no, only a couple of things that calld my attention and could b important for someone else ..thx
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Karl Ottenstein
Rakela wrote:
the 'inside fence selection' selects a 'group of elements' outside the fence but 'overlapg' the fence?, seems that the group should be considered 1 pack and shouldnt be selected cuz not inside...
I disagree. This is proper behavior to me ... grouping says to select anything in the group, at all times. If you want the behavior that you had hoped for, Rakela, then you need to 'suspend grouping' (alt-g is the default keyboard shortcut).

Grouping needs to be suspended for all kinds of other operations, so this behavior seems consistent and logical IMHO. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TomWaltz
Participant
I believe the Marqee tool follow the Arrow Tool settings for "crossing" and "fully inside" when it comes to selection.
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
hey, dont bite my head off for that karl...!!
if you are using the 'inside fence' why should i see highlited elements outside the fence??
because they belong to a group of elements, a few of them inside the 'inside fence" selection?? , do u really think it makes sense?
more logical in my personal opinion should be that you see them highlited with the typical id for grouped elements and you shouldnt be able to do anything with them because they are part of others elements somewhere outside the 'inside fence' selection....
and btw, thx for the selection/search tool "wake up click" this past weekend.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
TomWaltz
Participant
because they belong to a group of elements, a few of them inside the 'inside fence" selection?? , do u really think it makes sense?
Yes. That's the PURPOSE of grouping. If you select one item, other related items move with it. If you do not want that behavior, you turn on "Suspend Groups."
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
ohh ok i didnt know that thx and sorry about it
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
deleted and moved to 'others products'
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Learn and get certified!