BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

issue with archicad window with settings for stories has disappeared

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
So I switched over to Vectorworks for about half a year and upon redownloading archicad, I noticed that I can't see the settings for each elevation on a small panel on the right toolbox. I used to be able to select a story and make give it 30% transparency under another story so I could trace certain wall positions. I can't seem to find a way to get that window back.
Any help would be really welcome!
(also a way to get rid of the names of the tools on the left toolbox, I'd rather just have the icons, but editing the toolbox in view doesn't seem to change anything)

thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Loki wrote:
I used to be able to select a story and make give it 30% transparency under another story so I could trace certain wall positions. I can't seem to find a way to get that window back.
I think that feature was called Ghost Stories, it was replaced by Trace & Reference, which allows referencing all types of Views.
Loki wrote:
(also a way to get rid of the names of the tools on the left toolbox, I'd rather just have the icons, but editing the toolbox in view doesn't seem to change anything)
Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Toolbox > select a Toolbox Group > Tool Group Options > Show Icon Only.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!