Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

key command for drag copy?

proto
Advocate
When i right click for the popup menu to search under "Move" for the "Drag Copy" command, it shows a key shortcut of "option-command-D"

On a mac, when i press option-command-D, I don't get "Drag Copy"
"Option-Command" gives me "Inject Parameters"
& the D adds nothing

the right click menu selection is tedious
what am i missing?
mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
This is an issue with MacOS Big Sur - but maybe Catalina too? Whether it is something that the Graphisoft programmers could have programmed around (to give them priority over the keystrokes), I don't know...

The shortcut cmd-opt-D is pre-assigned by Mac OS to show/hide the dock:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Nothing I tried could get it unassigned from the dock functionality... and so ARCHICAD never even receives the key strokes.

The workaround is to assign a different shortcut to the command via the ARCHICAD Work Environment. In the attached, I'm about to assign cmd-shift-D to the command. Afterwards, that shortcut works fine.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Karl it is hidden in System Preferences
Go to Keyboard->Shortcuts->Launchpad and uncheck or change "Dock Hiding…"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
Karl it is hidden in System Preferences
Go to Keyboard->Shortcuts->Launchpad and uncheck or change "Dock Hiding…"
Thanks, Eduardo! I looked through everything there except "Launchpad..." (why dock hiding is there is a mystery!).

So, yes, proto, just uncheck the box shown in Eduardo's screenshot and the keyboard shortcut should work in ARCHICAD without redefining it as I did.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB