Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

layer control

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello everybody
Is there a way to control the amount of layers that appear in the scrolling list within the tool's dialog box while using the layer combination?
Kay
12 REPLIES 12
The only option is to hide the locked layers. This preference is at Options > Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Dialog Boxes and Palettes.

I like this option because you can't select locked layers anyway, so they really just take up space.

HTH a little,
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
TomWaltz
Participant
Not directly, no.

The fly-outs display all layers that are unlocked. It's usually a good idea to set all layers that are Hidden to also be Locked.

If you have a lot of layers turned on, I do not believe there is a way to limit which ones/how many are shown.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom Waltz & James Murray...thank you for the tip
-kay
TomWaltz
Participant
Kay

you're welcome. With all the other big posters out west or in New Zealand, James and I are trying to make the East Coast look smart too 😉
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We think you're smart Tom - even with that Avatar!

And James is just an ArchiCAD stud - even with his cute little cake house.

Seriously, your posts are always spot on.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
We think you're smart Tom - even with that Avatar! Wink
The avatar is more fitting than you think.... as a cyclist and speed skater, I spend a lot of time in spandex!
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well despite that - I will still believe you're smart!

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
you're welcome. With all the other big posters out west or in New Zealand, James and I are trying to make the East Coast look smart too 😉
still waiting for anything smart to come out of NZ . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
still waiting for anything smart to come out of NZ . . .

~/archiben
Hasn't your visa expired yet?