Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

library adressing for cloud/nas syncing

izo
Contributor
hi.
Can somebody tell me, how to make a proper nas syncing, so libraries on all machines would work without additional loading of pdfs etc when opening projects on different machines?
For what i roughly know, same root structure (and partitions by name) on all machines is way to go, but not really sure abut that.
Right now i'm struggling because of that, that reloading is annoying. i'm using Synlogy 218+ nas (i think it is this one), synced on pc and notebook, by the way,
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
To avoid this, you might use manual update of drawings and "Store drawing in the project file". Then you will never miss any placed PDF or DWG (even if source file was missed).
Podolsky
Ace
All libraries you can locate on BIM server - even if you work with PLN (not in the teamwork). It solves the problem with library loading and different path in Library Manager.
Don't forget, that ArchiCAD first copies BIM cloud library on disk - so it will reduce loading time.
izo
Contributor

thank you for tips!