Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

line styles

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am drawing some independent details and would like a line style that is like a standard drawing convention of gyp. bd. is there anything out there that works... odd that there is batt insulation as a line style but no gyp. bd or plywood or other basic line styles (that I can find) in the library
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
samohT:

Fills should be used for these items (many are provided with the application), the scaling and control of lines for these items is very difficult.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make your own custom linestyle.

1.) Draw the line pattern in 2D in such a way as it will be repeated correctly no matter how long it is. For instance, in showing a linetype for insulation, draw just 1 of the "hourglass" swirls.
2.) Copy the 2D pattern by selecting it and clicking "Drag" or "Drag a copy".
3.) Click on "Line Types".
4.) In the Line Types dialog box, click "New", give it a Name, select "Symbol", then click "OK"
5.) Click on "Paste line components". Change the "Dash" and "Gap" options as needed, then click O.K.
6.) Draw a line using this new Line Type. If it's too big or too small, then make the original 2D element bigger or smaller, copy it, go into your new Line Type and click "Past line components". Do this until you get the correct Line Type size.
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You can find the detailed description about how to create custom line types step by step and other good-to-know info about LineTypes in the following ArchiCAD Wiki article: http://www.archicadwiki.com/LineTypes

Regards,
Katalin Takacs