BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

lost 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I opened my plan, I switched to the front view and the Roofs, Floors, and the trim were all missing. Also on every other elevation. I checked to see if the layers were showing they were but still didnt show up in any elevation. I went to the plan and selected each element and switched them to wireframe then they showed up on elevation. Then did again to solid, that worked. Now I cant see any of those items in 3D. What should I try next or rather what am I doing wrong?

Thank You for your help

Brian
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the 3D view
LOST ROOF 3D.png
Check your 3D window display settings. You may have the 3D window not set to display the roof level.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
The first thing to come to mind is that you might have duplicate roofs and floors which are canceling each other out. But as I recall this is a problem in section and causes different effects in 3D. Worth a look though.

It is also possible to specifically exclude elements types in 3D (in one of the 3D view settings, I think it's now called "Filter Elements in 3D"), but it defaults to showing everything but the zones and you would have to change it intentionally, so that seems an unlikely explanation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
The first thing to come to mind is that you might have duplicate roofs and floors which are canceling each other out. But as I recall this is a problem in section and causes different effects in 3D. Worth a look though.

It is also possible to specifically exclude elements types in 3D (in one of the 3D view settings, I think it's now called "Filter Elements in 3D"), but it defaults to showing everything but the zones and you would have to change it intentionally, so that seems an unlikely explanation.

I dont think that is it

The only way I can get it to show again is to go to the layer settins and change the layer to wireframe, and refresh the view then it shows in wireframe. Then I change it to solid and it works.

I also checked for duplicates

Any other sugestions?

Thanks

Brian
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Check your 3D window display settings. You may have the 3D window not set to display the roof level.
It looks like Roofs and Slabs are set to display
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
BAS wrote:
Matthew wrote:

I dont think that is it

The only way I can get it to show again is to go to the layer settins and change the layer to wireframe, and refresh the view then it shows in wireframe. Then I change it to solid and it works.

I also checked for duplicates

Any other sugestions?

Thanks

Brian
Maybe it is still duplicates if switching to wireframe and then to solid gets them to show.
The same set of elements may be on entirely different stories, but occupy the same space in 3D.
Try this: select one element and delete it. If it now show correctly, it means that there are two exact same elements occupying the same space, in which case Matthew is right.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Maybe it is still duplicates if switching to wireframe and then to solid gets them to show.
The same set of elements may be on entirely different stories, but occupy the same space in 3D.
Try this: select one element and delete it. If it now show correctly, it means that there are two exact same elements occupying the same space, in which case Matthew is right.
No luck doing that. If there were two exact same elements occupying the same space, would just those two in the same space have trouble displaying, or would every Slab/Roof in the whole plan have trouble not just the duplicates?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
At first I thought it may be a transparency issue, but that wouldn't affect the elevation. It still sounds like a layer problem to me, but it would help if you could upload a module of the problem roof.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
At first I thought it may be a transparency issue, but that wouldn't affect the elevation. It still sounds like a layer problem to me, but it would help if you could upload a module of the problem roof.

Cheers,
Link.
Thanks for the help. Here is the file.
Learn and get certified!