Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

lower roof showing under upper roof in plan

Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help. I'm having a problem with the visibility of roofs on different levels when viewed in plan. In some areas they are viewing appropriately, i.e. lower roofs not showing where they are overhung by higher roofs, but in other areas they are showing in their entirety. There seems to be one part of the middle roof that is the problem - on the right (see screen shot). I have checked settings and they are the same as the other middle roof sections. I have also tried eyedropping parameters from the correct to the incorrect.

Thanks!
Archicad 26 Win11
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tracey:

Assuming that the Roofs have Cover Fills on, try using the Display Order (Bring Forward, Send Backward) to get the desired result.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
thanks David, I've already tried this to no avail..... will add signature (I'm using 22)
Archicad 26 Win11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tracey:

Do all the Roofs have Cover Fills on?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Thanks again, David. One did not!
Archicad 26 Win11
Barry Kelly
I have moved the post as it has nothing to do with Libraries or GDL.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Hi Barry,
could you tell me where it should have been, as I wasn't sure where was appropriate.
thanks
Tracey
Archicad 26 Win11
Barry Kelly
I have moved it here to 'Working in Archicad' as it seems to be a typical modelling/drafting problem.

It is not a problem.
I just thought I would let you know so you get a notification and would be able to find the post if you go looking for it again.
If I just move it you might go looking in the Library/GDL section again and it won't be there.
Plus, now you know where to post if you have a similar issue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Thanks!
Archicad 26 Win11